jcw Artist in REsidence Program
Artist in residence Program (airp)
Jewelry Creations Workshop invites jewelry and metal artists to apply to JCW’s Artist in Residence Program. This nine month residency program is highly competitive and space is limited. Applicants are encouraged to apply well in advance and must have at least a BFA. JCW offers studio space at our North Miami location where jewelers, makers, and metalsmiths can deepen and expand their practice. The program provides opportunities for mentoring, furthering skills, selling work, as well as a paid teaching position.
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE POSITION:
Metalsmithing and Jewelry Fabrication: jewelry and metal working artists with experience in, but not limited to, advanced fabrication and soldering techniques, metal forming, centrifugal or vacuum casting, and stone setting.
- Artist in residence must have proficient fabrication skills
- Ability to design a beginners program (18+ hour course)
- Skills in addition to fabrication that could be offered
- Participants make a serious commitment to the program for the entire nine-months
- Private space to work with 24/7 access
- Paid opportunity to teach classes (private and group)
- Workshop attendance opportunities with visiting master artists
- Opportunities to show and sell work
To view our studio’s amenities, click HERE
- Housing is NOT provided
- Artists must provide their own hand tools
- International artists are eligible for this program
- If accepted, international participants are responsible for their own visa, travel, living, and housing expenses and arrangements
What can you offer to our community? We look forward to hearing from you!